Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A Huge Change

I sent David an Easter Package with lots of goodies in it...

"I got the package on Friday and we're still chipping away at it. I've only cooked two things since I've been here: a bowl of chili and some brownies that we gave to a member to support them through a bit of hard times they're going through. We've mostly snacked, gone out to eat, or eaten at a member's house. There either isn't time to make something or the stuff we have to make has been here since who knows when and is expired. Or we don't have all the ingredients we need. But I'm not complaining."

"There's not really any huge things that happened this week. We taught the Gonzales family about the Plan of Salvation and visited some members and less actives, but I suppose you could just call it business as usual. I kind of feel bad not having a lot to tell everyone about what's going on out here. I write in my journal every night but I didn't bring it here to look at it, and I just can't remember a whole lot. This week went by pretty fast. Hopefully I'll remember to bring my journal next week and have more to write about.

"I'm still loving it out here, the weather isn't too terrible yet, and the people are still super generous and welcoming. I just finished Jesus the Christ and the Book of Mormon, and my studies are helping me so much. I'm feeling the Spirit every day. I'd just like to encourage everyone to keep reading the scriptures and praying together, and thanks for your prayers for me. I love you all and am looking forward to see you all again after I've served an honorable, full-time mission. I think you'll see a huge change."

No comments:

Post a Comment